Stop 0x0000009C

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackScarlet

Similar problems...

I've read all of the posts and because they were mainly userspecific I decided to post my own similar problem.
I do get the same Machine_check_exception with tech info "Stop 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x805461F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)" quite randomly.

One thing I wonder is I do not know what a BSOD is, and I also don't know what it means to have an overclocked CPU.
The only two minidump files I have, one is from april, and one is from the crash I experienced this morning. I will upload them both. How do you examine them? They aren't opened in Notepad, that's for sure.

I also have a seemingly unrelated, seemingly hardware related problem, where every so often sometimes quite often, my computer forgets that I have a hard drive. Whichever hard drive it is, sometimes my master and sometimes my slave, but it crashes of course and reboots showing None for one or both of them. I couldnt figure out what the **** was going on until I happened to disconnect and reconnect them one day to find that they were sensed again. Often just unplugging and replugging the power source will do it, but I don't know why it fails to sense them in the first place, what the problem is, whether or not is is a hardware or software problem, or what to do about it. Basically, I don't know anything about this particular problem.

Any help you could provide on either of these problems would be much appreciated.

~BlackScarletLove~

**Also - sorry, I know this is a lot of queries in one post, but I heard what you said about Norton (which I hate) and the antivirus programs you liked; now, what do you think about AVG AntiSpyware 7.5?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

Neither of your minidumps have a bugcheck of 9C. However, if you`re sure that`s the bugcheck code you`ve been getting, it means you have a hardware problem of some kind.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back