Stop error 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x82F65848,0xC0000102,0x00000000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - need some help on what to do with this error. I have XP and tried booting from CD ROM - gets stuck on blue screen with this across the bottom...Examining 76294 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi...

I can not get to windows at all - can't start in safe mode...etc

This is from ahuma.org concerning your 0x24 error:

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

* Check your connections, especially to your harddrive.

I suggest in your next post to attach your minidumps - Once you are able to get into Windows - to see if we can help you find a more definitive answer.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. We need the files and NOT the whole folder.

"I can not get to windows at all - can't start in safe mode...etc"

Is there anyone who can help you with the BIOS? Do you have the disc for your OS? You will probably have to boot from it and use the Recovery console. What was happening that you had to try to boot from the CD in the first place? Is that the full OS, an upgrade, OEM- what?

Im having the same problem, but for some reason i cant even get into my recovery console, safe mode, or get my machine to boot up, it blue screens right after the system files load

my stop codes are 0x00000024 ( 0x00190203, 0x8A64F828, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000 )

atwagner, it would be best if you began your own thread. Give the problem you are having and the full error message.

Problem may appear to be the same, but there are variables between systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back