Stop error ati2dvaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this to another section...not realizing I was in the wrong place (device drivers). I do apologize. My error said it had to do with the driver being in an infinite loop.

I've been reading through some other posts and I'm totally clueless as to minidumps and all that. I'm getting a blue screen that tells me the file associated is the ati2dvaa. How can I fix this? I can use my computer in safe mode...but can't use any peripheral devices. Please help!

Kim

In Safe Mode re-install your video drivers... visit the site to make sure you have the correct ones.

patio. :cool:

Unable to complete installation

I'm getting more confused. I went to the Dell site and tried to download the driver from their site. I got an error message...

"Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup."

Now what?

Thanks for your help.

Kim

1: try to let windows install a generic driver from the OS disc
2: if ati or chip is been identified ,don't use dell site, go to ati site.don't use the lastest drivers, find one that's close to when your board was made.
I am big dell hater sorry :eek: :dead:

ati2dvaa

I got this error msg with a blue screen: caused by the following file: ati2dvaa
then the following: Device driver got stuck in an infinite loop - indicates problem with device driver programming the hardware incorrectly

I read some of the responses, suggesting that I should download ati graphics drivers in safe mode or to restart with the last version that worked, the only problem is that I cannot restart with any of these options -- they all go right to the blue screen -- can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back