Stop Error code 0x40000080... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhiannonj

Hi Guys,

I've been getting this error code now for months and it's driving me absolutely crazy!

My computer randomly reboots. The computer is about 6 months old. This has been happening pretty much since day one but has gotten progressively worse.

I get a blue screen. It says windows has shut down to prevent damage. It then says that the following file is the cause, but it does not list any file. Then it says Stop: 0x40000080 (0x8660C710, 0x886a82508, 0xF7a4ef30, 0x00000001). The last four numbers often vary.

I have added no new hardware. I've unstalled my printer and drivers. Just installed 2 new sticks of ram which you see below. I've also updated my Bios to release 1015.

I check the Event Viewer and looked at the log and this is what it said:

Error code 40000080, parameter1 8699dad0, parameter2 86b23760, parameter3 80548d8c,
parameter4 00000001.

Here's my system:

Windows xp, pro edition w/sp2.
Asus k8S-MX
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+ 2.0 ghz
Samsung 160GB HD with UDMA/133, 2MB cache & 7200RPM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 video

Can you guys please shed some light on this? I don't know what else to do or what's causing this. My pc guy is at a loss and is suggesting a clean install.

HELP!

Rhiannon

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together and attach them here.

You can find your minidumps in c:/windows/minidumps

Note. Techspot has a limit of 100kB per attachment, so you may need to attach several zip files.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

MiniDump Files - Zipped

Hi Howard,

I've zipped about five files.... starting with the first and ending with the last. Sure hope you can figure this out. I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with my Asus KM8-MX motherboard. I've seen two posts now from people who are having this same problem and the all involved this motherboard and various AMD processors.

Rhiannon

Attachments

• MiniDump.ZIP
    95.8 KB · Views: 34
The good news is it`s a software problem. The bad news is I can`t find any useful info on the culprit SiSGbeXP.sys. Do you know what this driver is?

All your minidumps are crashing at the above driver.

Regards Howard :)

Do you have an SIS chipset? If so it`s more than likely one of your chipset drivers.

Uninstalling your chipset drivers, then reinstalling them with the latest drivers from your mobo manufacturers website may help.

SIS chipset drivers

Hi Howard,

Yes, I found I do have SIS chipset drivers:

SISAGPX.SYS
SisGbeXP.sys
sisgrp.sys

Do I simply delete them to uninstall? Also, do I download the new drivers from SIS or Asus?

Thanks alot for all your help! Hopefully someone else will benefit from this thread.

Rhi

Some additional information... found out that the driver that I'm having problems with is for the Sis 190 100/10 Ethernet device.

Now I just have to find the updated driver.

Rhi

Do not delete them. Forget the uninstalling advice I gave you.

Go to your mobo manufacturers website, in your case Asus, and download and install all the latest chipset drivers.

Went to Asus to update driver.. they sent me to Sis... (duh).. downloaded the latest driver and have installed it.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully this will fix all my problems. Will post again in a few days with a progress report.

Rhi

Hi everyone,
I am new here... I 'm not familiar with all the procedures of this site, I have a problem and I hope someone can help me. I am getting 3-4 Blue-screens/day with the same error, and rarely as I tried to upgrade some of my MoBo drivers I got different errors.
I will upload a few minidump files so you can check 'em for me. If you need more minidump files please let me know. Thank you for further help.

Bye

Attachments

• Mini010308-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 8
About the new thread!!!

It may sound foolish but I tried to find where to press in order to open the new THREAD. like I said I am new here. So please let me know how should I do it.
Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back