Stop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I recently bought a new Toshiba Laptop (Satellite M70), and every now and than windows goes into this blue screen, that reads stop error. It tells me to check BIOS or hardware. I have an ualtered laptop, it is not even two moths old, thus there is no new hardware. At startup i checked BIOS and there are no options for disabling shadwoing or chacheing. I have checked forums and TOshiba help help support. I ran a diagnostic. I have never connected to the internet with this laptop.

If some one can please tell me how to solve my porblem, i would be very grateful.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you upload the minidumps from the laptop? You may need to burn them to a cd first, as the laptop isn`t connected to the net.

You can find the minidump files in the C:/windows/minidump folder.

Zip the latest 5 or 6 together, and attach them here.

Please note. Techspot has a limit of 100kB for attachments, so you may need to attach several zip files.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Here are the last 3 dump files I found. If you can find what the problem is and what are the fastest possible solutions for it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for replying. :giddy:

Attachments

• Mini020606-01.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 5
2 minidumps crash at NDProxy.SYS. Microsoft Corporation NDIS Proxy. They have a bugcheck of 7E.

1 minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows bootup kernel. It has a bugcheck of BE.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

0x000000BE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

A driver attempted to write to read-only memory. Commonly occurs after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a driver file is named in the error message, try to correct the problem by disabling, removing, or rolling back the driver.

Update all your drivers, including the mobo`s chipset drivers. You will Either need to connect the laptop to the net, or download the drivers using another system, and burn them to cd.

Regards Howard :)

I have tried all of that! Nothing seems to work, and the fact that my laptop is unaltered is the worse part. Would you recomend that i give into the the Toshiba service centre, or just to try and find updates for all drivers and whatever elce might be needed.

Yes. Try updating to the latest drivers.

If that doesn`t help, then maybe the Toshiba service centre is the next step.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back