Storing converted audio in Wmplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

I use wmplayer to burn audio cds and when you burn a cd, it will go through and convert all of the songs from .mp3 to some other format. Where are these stored? In the preferences i see nothing about where it is stored. Anyone know?

Well, I don't use Media Player for much of anything but most MS apps seem to like that hidden folder in docs and settings. C:\Documents and Settings\username\local settings\Temp

You can check there and see if that's where it put them. If not, you will probably have some fun cleaning the clutter out while you are there anyway.

You probably already know this but the local settings folder is a hidden folder by default.

Windows Media Player 8

Hi Y'all

I want to be able to display real time visualizations on screen which respond to a music generation program (Fractal Tunesmithy www.fractal tunesmithy.co.uk. This produces midi streams (its can also produce WAV files) I could save the WAV files and play them through WMplayer but its all time consuming and defeats the object of a real time screen show. Im starting with WMplayer but maybe there is a better way to do this (Open GL?) Anyone any ideas? I want to avoid getting heavily into direct X and C++ if I can

cthuga

Hi mic

thanks for the tip I will try this out

if you are interested in experimental music and the thousands of different scales there are from around the world the visit www.tunesmithy.co.uk and dl the fractal tunesmithy prog (3Meg). It has a good time limited demo , its very addictive, unfortunately the manual sucks a bit - 600 sprawling pages but Im working on that with the author to try and help out

headcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back