Strange boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a PC that just stopped working for me. The problem occured after I had shut down the pc for a few hours. When I tried to start it again it ran for 2-5 sceonds and then it powered off. I tried to start it a couple of times and one time I could see the BIOS boot text and then the text became blurry and flickered and then it hanged but the power was still on. When I restarted it, it powered odd after a couple of seconds again.

First I thought it was problem with the graphic card, replaced it with a old card with the same result, except it don't power off after a few seconds but the screen flicker and looks really weird. I also put the orignial graphics card in another computer and it worked.

I cannot access BIOS setup at any time and all fans are running. Later this day I will try to disconnect hdd and cd-roms and stuff to see if I could get it to boot. I will also try to use the pd

Can it be something else than the graphic circuits/mobo that causes this behavior? Could it be a psu error?

One idea, when I am using the original graphic card the computer powers off. This graphic card has a power connector but the one I use when the computer doesn't power off doesn't have a power connector. It gets its power from the AGP-port. Could this indicate a PSU problem?

Any suggestion is more than welcome!

most likely your PSU cannot handle the card with power requirement. PSUs age over time and lose power output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back