Strange computer behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange problem. Suddenly my computer freezes and the screen is corrupted with a pattern (of previous screen parts). The computer than tries to restart, but never wakes up (there's some clicking sound). I have to turn off computer manually, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. Sometimes there is no problem untill next restart, but sometimes the story repeats itself again. I bought a new disk, since the old one was very old :) but the problem persisted. Than I formatted the disk, but even during the format the screen showed pattern and format failed. When I finally formated everything was OK for few months. Recently I installed Adobe CS3 Master Collection and after a week the problem is here again. Now I cannot even restore my computer to a time before CS3 installation, because it always fails. In event viewer I noticed some DCOM and COM+ errors, which may have something to do with this situation. I have updated graphic drivers and I run Win XP SP2.
My computer configuration is:
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 2,2 GHz
-SATA 320 GB disk
-SATA 400 GB disk
-2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 RAM
-nVidia geforce 7900 GT/GTO

Since the problem presents itself only when CS3 has been installed I suspect it is in conflict with something (possibly hardware since it occures even when I try to format the disk). My friend on the other hand has the same suite with no problems what so ever.

UPDATE: Now the computer won’t get past the first screen (the one it shows the memory count etc.); it freezes with blank screen right after the first screen. I can’t get to the safe mode either.

Thank you very much for your insight!

regards,
Kristian

Sounds like you have a rather random graphics and /or memory error to me.Try changing one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back