Strange Ram problems on A7N8X-e Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and two sticks of Corsair DDR400 PC-3200 ram. The problem is when I installed windows the first time, I got multiple BSODs and after looking up the error messages, determined the problem might be with the ram. I still have problems with the system rebooting, programs crashing randomly; I get the same error message on the BSOD.

To see if the ram was faulty, I got microsoft's "windows memory diagnostic" ram testing utility and ran it, getting some strange results.

I have tested the Corsair ram separatly, getting errors on the first pass every time, which would mean I have faulty ram here. So, to be sure, I took the Infineon ram from my wife's computer and tested it in mine, and there were no errors reported. I expected as much, but here's where things get wierd.

I then took my two Corsair, which tested bad in my machine and tested them, separatly then together, in her computer and there were no errors reported. :eek: Whats going on?

Check the RAM timings in your BIOS. Let SPD do the work for you.
Could be that your mobo does not like Corsair memory. Compare the CAS of the Corsair wit the recommended CAS by Asus.
If you are overclocking, more settings could have gone amiss.
As a last resort, set your BIOS to Optimum or Best performance, or whatever your BIOS offers.

well I thought that since the three questions I had at the top of the post were answered and was then in a position where I was having new problems with new results, it warranted a new thread, so that I could get new answers to a more specific problem than "how do I set up my board & test my ram." the results from one of those questions gave me something new to deal with.

not everyone reads to the bottom, everyone reads the top, and the top was no longer relevant, neither was the topic title, since I am now having possible problems specific to the Ram modules. guess I was wrong. I left parts of this question on the other post and stated I was starting a new thread, to direct people who were helping on that thread to this one, the new problem. That thread is still active, but not with this. I don't know how to do that spiffy link thing yet, sorry.

besides I thought double posting was doing this.

besides I thought double posting was doing this.

except in different posts, on the same thread. Or the same thread topic twice. This is a new thread, and its not the same problem as the old one, even if using the memtester from the last thread is what eventually led me to this new, more specific problem.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because I did new tests and I think I have bad ram. I am going to get some more, and rma this junk. I don't know why it didn't test bad in my wife's comp, but its definatly not working in mine. I just hope its the ram, and not this MB. :zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back