Strange Recycle Bin Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 different machines that are both having the same "problem". I am running Windows XP Professional on both machines, one a desktop and the other a laptop, and have all of the latest service packs and updates on both. When I open the Recycle Bin and then click on the link in the upper left hand side of the window, it opens My Documents in a new window. I am running spyware/adware protection on both machine...couple of different programs, Symantec Antivirus 10 set to update and scan daily. If I just right-click on the Recycle Bin on the desktop and select Empty Recycle Bin, it works fine, so it isn't a real problem, more of an annoyance but I would like to get it taken care of. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Open up any window and click on tools, folder options, and in the browse folders panel, make sure the "open folders in the same window" option is checked. Click apply ok.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted my problem and left out some KEY information. What I meant to say was when I click on the link on the upper left hand side of the Recycle Bin window to empty the Recycle Bin, it opens My Documents in a new window. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back