Strange Registry key value;Anybody ever seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidlen

This is for MS works ver7 on my Daughter's portable.
it sits in ' HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\user data\s1518...\Components\267399.....103d1'
Key value ' D?\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Microsoft \Works\mswkscal.wcd'

Normally 'D:\' is a standard drive designator, but what is a " ? " doing in place of a ":" ?
Typo ? is directly below colon with Shift key.
The software seems to work O.K. and I am not sure if I should correct this.
Has anyone seen this before?

Is this a fresh copy of Works or an upgrade from 6. If it's an upgrade, there are some issues with the works calendar file (mswkscal.wcd) The upgrade looks for the old calendar file instead of the new one. If the upgrade is the case then maybe the OS is not sure about it being the right file, hence the ?. Sorry, that is just a stupid wild guess, but it is windows after all. LOL I know MS has a work around for the calendar upgrade problem.I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Never mind it was for 8.0 sorry.

Thanks Luvhuffer;
No this is a fresh oem version 7 that came with the HP pavilion 05/04.
I reloaded the O/S because the preload from from most Companies is messy and all on one big 80 gig drive.
Any guess can be worthwhile .I did a search but found nothing.

I think you would be best off going with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" <g> LOL You know I never looked at mine till right now. Mine says C?\ as well. I guess that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back