Striker Extreme temperature sensor placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Hey

Just bought the Intel E8500 recently and finally managed to get it working after updating the bios. Once it loaded up, i checked the temps of the CPU, and it at idle it was around 44 degrees. This seemed quite high considering i have the Zalman CNPS 9700 NT Fan and feeling the fan and the air coming out the back, it didn't feel like over 40 at all,more like mid 20's/low 30's after feeling the temps of the E6700 a while ago.

Ive tried remounting the fan, but no difference. So after searching other forums, i found that theres a few problems with some of the temperature sensor on the chips, some peoples reading temperatures of over 100 degrees. So what someone was recommending was using an external sensor to monitor it. The striker extreme came with three temperature sensor cables, and I was wondering where you could put it on the CPU that would give acurate readings, but not damage it at all.

Also, the first time i ran the chip on the older bios, it reported a temperature of around 4 degrees :)

Thanks

Temperature you report is normal for idle. The CPU runs hot. 62C is even normal for operation when in use.

Orthos temps

Just tested the temps on orthos. The temps jump up about 15 - 20 degrees instantly to around 64, but the heatsink still feels quite cool, no were near as hot as the E6700 got when used for a short time. The other thing is the CPU temp is at 66, while core 1 and 2 are about 8 degrees lower. Is this still normal?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back