stubborn BSOD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hso

Hey there ^^
My sister's PC has been getting alot of BSOD's .. i think around 10, since she's had it(it's an Acer brand computer), i read this thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic31341.html and used these steps to create a log file of the latest BSOD..

1) Download and install the http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo...nstallx86.mspx
Debugging Tools from Microsoft[/url]
2) Locate your latest memory.dmp file- C:\WINDOWS\ Minidump\Mini081505-01.dmp or whatever
3) open a CMD prompt and cd\program files\debugging tools for windows\
4) type the following stuff:
Code:

c:\program files\debugging tools>kd -z C:\WINDOWS\ Minidump\Mini081505-01.dmp (with my latest minidump name, though)
(it will spew a bunch)
kd> .logopen c:\debuglog.txt
kd> .sympath srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
kd> .reload;!analyze -v;r;kv;lmnt;.logclose;q

so.. i've got the logfile made and ready.. it doesn't mean anything to me.. perhaps someone here can help with it? ^^;

http://pastebin.ca/317349

She has WinXP SP2 Home, with all available updates, if that helps..
she doesn't do much on her comp.. just Live Messenger, IE7, windows image viewer, windows explorer, and notepad... you can probably see what the problem lies.. MS software :p

she says most of the time when it "goes blue", the computer slows down for a few seconds before it happens, normally when she's using Live Messenger..

any ideas? ^^ thanks very much!

No clues for your debug report. You have to provide 5 to 6 minidumps for further analysis. You can attach debug logs or zip the minidumps as attachment here.

okay ^^ here's a nice batch of 6 :p
i would have uploaded all 15, but the max filesize for uploads seems to be 100kb <_<

Hi,

The windows crashes without pattern and it is the symptom of hardware error. Attach more minidumps here and each attachment has the upper limit 100K. You can attach more than 1 attachment.

Mini110506-01.dmp BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 0, f2fb9c70, f2fb996c}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!KiSwapThread+68 )

Mini111606-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bfb1d497, f31ab9b0, 0}
Probably caused by : vtdisp.dll ( vtdisp+149497 )

Mini112306-01.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {fffffffc, 1, f835a405, 0}
Probably caused by : Fastfat.SYS ( Fastfat!FatDeferredCleanVolume+c4 )

Mini120306-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {688, 2, 1, 805418ad}
Probably caused by : USBPORT.SYS ( USBPORT!USBPORT_FlushAbortList+40e )

Mini121006-01.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {46ac008, 2, 1, 805418ad}
Probably caused by : lvusbsta.sys ( lvusbsta+1426 )

Mini122606-01.dmp BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 0, f85efc70, f85ef96c}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!KiSwapThread+68 )

hey, there's the rest of the dumps..

could it really be a hardware error if it's a prebuilt computer? aren't they supposed to test components?? (well.. i assume that, but i think yesterday, i read something about dell knowingly selling defective laptops in canada, or something..)

thanks again ^^

edit: if it helps, which it probably won't, this is the computer in question -- http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/102520

Hi,

Two minidump is crashed by lvusbsta.sys and it is logitech quick cam device driver. Upgrade logitech quick cam device driver may fix the blue screen problem.

that is a REALLY good point! i never actually thought about looking for driver updates for the webcam.. thanks! i'll get right on that ^_^

i'm back :p
i installed the latest software for the webcam from the Labtec website(funny that, i guess it's a logitech camera rebranded as labtec <_<), but my sister's computer has still been getting 3 BSODs.. infact, it's happen 3 times today!
i know that she installed 2 new pieces of software today, Google's Picasa2, and PhotoImpact, PhotoImpact lags her computer HARD.. takes about 6-7minutes for the splash screen to vanish before the app loads(hurrah for bloated software! -.-)

so.. here are the 3 logs.. hopefully you'll be able to give me some more interesting comments ^_^

thanks!

3 of the errors appear to be usb video related.
I suggest you ensure all your drivers are up to date and your registry is good.
run crap cleaner registry repair and update all your drivers.

hmm.. installing new drivers is hard to do, considering i don't know what brand/model of hardware the computer has.. i tried updating the sound card the otherday.. i completely broke the sound ~_~ fortunately, i made a system restore point <_<

i'll give crap cleaner a go, when i get access to the computer, next ^_^ thanks for the suggestion :)

stress testing ram isn't viable in this situation.. my sister freaks out(she literally SCREAMED!) when I disconnected the modem for 3-4minutes in my bedroom to tidy everything up <_<

so.. the DOS version is pretty much not an option for her..
windows version... also probably not, her computer lags enough as it is.. (windows xp sp2 with 256megs of ram? the RAM is always used up and it's ALWAYS using virtual memory :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back