Stuck at rebooting XP... little strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

Need some little help :(

When i logged in my pc whas working well... but when a game got stuck with loading i needed to reboot my pc by pressing the Reset button.
When it whas loading XP it got stuck at the end and it rebooted my pc again.
I used F8 to Load XP without rebooting when there could be an error.
When the error got back it showed a blue screen with the following:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP: 0x0000000A ( ect. )

The strange things about this is it should happen when you update or change a driver for XP or for one of your hardware... but i didn't installed nor updated anything the last week. :suspiciou
So when i got this error i tryed the saved mode but this didn't work so i tryed to copy the userini.exe from the win. xp instal disk to the windows\system32 folder but this didn't work either.
My pc is just a simple pc with no extra's or overclocked things. I also took all cables out of everything and putted them back 1 for 1 with no results...
Is there somebody who can help me? or do i realy need to reinstal my windows xp? :(

Have you run chkdsk from the recovery console? Run fixboot as well and reboot, if that fails Try repair install.

I've run chkdsk yeah but with no succes... and fixboot didn't work either :(
And Reinstal Windows whas no big succes... it got stuck half way with installing...

Hi Reguard

Try fixmbr in recovery console, restart into recovery console and try chkdsk with /r switch, reboot then try the repair install again.

if this does not work, then you will have to save your data and repartition and reformat your Hdd before making Clean install.
Sounds like install is damaged beyond repair, The configuration has been corrupted due to file system error. the setup program is trying to write to mappings that conflict with what is in the MFT or FAT, or trying to configure code thats corrupt on the disk.

Pressing reset switch probably caused improper dismount of the hdd. if you get hangs again try pressing the power button briefly to initiate proper shutdown, (wait cause it can sometimes take a few minutes and a few retries before shutdown initiates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back