stupid fan program wrecking my card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory7

i installed this asus graphics card fan moniter with my Asus 9600 xt,i was supposed to speed up the fan wen the graphics card got hot and let it slack wen it wasnt doing much. Well after playing halo for a bit i noticed it started becoming very jumpy so i closed it and cheked out my fan situation. The stupid program didnt speed up my fan the thing overheated. It recommened getting a new graphics card fan. Ive only had the bloody thing a week. After this the radeon drivers reset everything becaue the graphics card wasnt doing somthing to the display or somthing. anyway im a bit worried, is my card ok? i uninstalled the silly program and it seems the drivers have reset everything. Anybody think theres any lasting damage?

Chances are not......fortunately ATI's new driver set with the VPU recovery probably stopped any damage before it had a chance to occur. I would get with the manufacturer on the failure of the program to work.....unless somebody here has experienced that.....

I wouldn't install a program to control a piece of hardware that should be controlled from the card itself with a on board temp sensor!!

I the fan wasn't that noisy in the first place why bother?

Your not going to have the fan for 10 years, so I wouldnt worry that much about shortening its life. Im sure on "full whack" it'll still last at[size=1]VERY[/size]least 3yrs, if not 5+

does it require any extra power, i get the feeling my power is pushed becasue i noticed i had a 300w psu at the back, and for a system like mine i thought i would of had 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back