Stuttering/Lagging sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i just got a new pc and im having sound problems; basically every so often the sound sort of lags out and goes stuttery for about 1 to 5 seconds then resumes as normal. On the performance monitor cpu usage spikes up to 50-60% for the duration.

-Using logitech Z-10 speakers, got the latest drivers, and the problem occurs when im using different speakers also

-Running vistax64 on a pretty high-end pc, so really i shouldnt be running out of resources just to play sound.

-Bought a sound card, hoping to fix the problem, but its the same whether i use onboard sound or the card.

-The problem occurs in all applications, not just WM player

I think the problem is some kind of issue with data transfer and processing within the pc (whether its hard or software based i dont know). It appears to be only sound that displays lag/slowdown symptoms.

I tried sticking some music onto a flash drive and playing it from there, but again it stuttered so im guessing its not a hard drive issue.

Im really running out of ideas, so any help would be vastly appreciated :)

Sounds like a driver issue. What sound card and what on-board audio program are you using? There have been issues with Vista and or 64bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back