Subwoofer box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how much room. if any, is needed between the subwoofer and the back of the box. I have a small 81 toyota truck and there isn't much room to put a nice subwoofer box. Anyone got any ideas on what I could do? Im not looking for some huge 15' subs, i just want something small like 2 8' subs.

Thanks in advance

As long as your subs fit in the box, it should be ok. Just research what type of speakers you have in google and search for an appropriate box. You will want the correct amount of volume inside the box.

BTW :wave: :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave: :wave:

If the space is small, then having a large sub will be a waste as it won't reproduce low bass sounds as you might expect. You can still get good bass, but choose speaker units that are a good match to the box space in which they will be placed. Perhaps a pair of six inch units will be adequate. Well matched speakers will always sound better than ones that are too large for the enclosure, and the bass will be much tighter and better controlled. Just be sure to buy good quality units.

Most companies that sell raw speakers will give you some specs on what the box size needs to be for both sealed and vented enclosures. Look at this from Kicker. It shows speakers from 18' down to 8'. It might give you some ideas, but, speakers from different companies might need different size boxes, so be sure and check. Also, at the bottom of the page is a PDF that gives some good instructions to building the enclosure.

As far as "the correct amount of volume inside the box" as poertner said. Go to ask.com or google and search for these apps. "Mobile Design 1", "Perfect Box 4.5" or "Box Plot 3.0". Any of these apps are good for the DIY. Box Plot will give you a good idea of proper size cabs. for proper inside box area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back