sugestion for lcd needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anupamsps

hi;
Can you suggest me 19″/20" wide lcd display within 12K-14K. It will be used for viewing movie , gaming and media purpose. I will be shortly buying nvidia 8800 gts graphics card. So keeping all these things in mind please help me to choose a suitable monitor.
thanks
Anupam

P.S i live in india

HI,
My confuguration is:
1. asus P5N32 E SLI --m/b
2. Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4)
3. 1gb knigston value ram
4. 80 gb sata
5. HP dvd writer(635) -- this is a old one
6. nvidia xfx 6600 (i'll soon change it to Nvidia 8800 gts within
couple of month)
7. monitor suggestion needed {:)}

by a 20inch lcd from samsung, they're usually pretty good. Gonna cost you 200usd or so but its worth it.

Save a little longer. for the best possible display (within reason). I just spent $299 on a 22" Viewsonic. I search and find the best deals. I do have to wait for a few rebates on an ongoing basis, but they are fun to get. I have found that when it comes to graphics, a person is always happier in the long run if they are not always wanting to upgrade (again).

Absolutely fantastic philosophy, the most important part i think is "within reason". That is very hard to maintain. :)

i just found this monitor: Viewsonic VX2235WM 22" Wide Screen LCD Monitor. which cost 28,999. just to remind 1$= 41Indian rupees. Any guess why do i have to more than 100% ? :( .

I have a Samsung 19" Widescreen LCD moniter I just got a month or two ago and I did my research before buying it and it has the best features to cost ratio.

It has
2 Second Response Time (GTG)
16.7 Million Colors
2000:1 Contrast Ratio

I have never noticed any bluring what so ever when playing games and movies look great on it. However if I was to buy it again I would have aimed for a larger screen because the recommended screen resoultion is 1444 * 900 and it's not exactly very popular, when it comes to supported screen resoultion in games.

Its a Samsung SyncMaster 906BW, I payed 200 Bucks for it at the time

hi guys
another one i found is from dell E228WFP. It is 22" lcd. with nice feature. But anyone have experience with dell. How is there after sales services. etc please help me quickly. :)

They're excellent but you would probably have to wait like 6-8weeks(depending on screensize). They have several new product lines out but the claim is there is a shortage of manufacturing materials(glass) and some people ordering now have est. delivery dates of September. The 22 and 24 inch are especially popular. I don't know about availability in India though.

you can get dell quality in other name brands, dell lcd's are overpriced just because most people are oblivious to what price/quality should be. Go with a samsung. Good price, good quality.

I know for a fact that dell lcd moniters don't have the color quality a samsung does, esp. the upper class ones like smash's or my own.

For example:

Samsung - 16.7 million colors
Dell - 16.2 million colors

I just did the research...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back