Suggestion to fix "spyware infection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, i'm new to the community and i want to make an urgent suggestion for those who have received a particular infection.
A few days ago i saw a RED X on my bottom right corner of the screen with a "popup" that read, "Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection". This drove me nuts for the past couple of days and i couldn't get any help until typed in the words shown above into my browser and came across the TechSpot webpage. I spent a few minutes browsing complaints and suggestions by others with the same problems or had solutions. I read an entry by MarkW2 and Rennie. They suggested going to and downloading Windows Defender which i did. After running the Scan that is part of the Defender download it showed no problems, even though i still had the infection. About 2 hours later a window popup showed i had a virus. It is called Reno. I took the prompts suggestion from Defender and asked to delete it. My RED X is gone and my computer is back to normal. Thanks everyone for the information and the opportunity to be able to come to a forum like this to receive help. Thanks Mark and Rennie. Cheers!
Nick S.

Hi there nicksamarin and welcome to TechSpot!!

It's always a pleasure to welcome a new member!!:)

you need to post your spyware problem in the Security and the Web forum!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Thread moved.

Just to be sure your system is clean.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of nicksamarin only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back