Suggestions needed for new computer build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, im not sure if im under the right topic for my question if im not i apologize ahead of time. My question is about a computer "build". Im aiming to build a mid/high range system for mostly playing Battlefield 2, 2142, and a few other DX10 games later on. Ive read some reviews and guides from this site and have gotten a few of my own ideas. To make a long story short ill layout what im thinking and someone correct me if they could as of course i may be missing somthing or am paying to much than my goal system, "best bang for the buck".

E4300 Oc'd @ 3Ghz range
Gigabyte GA-965p-DS3
2x512mb corsair pc5400,OR 2x1024mb (later adding another 2x1024 for vista)
OCZ GameXstream 700w PS
Gigabyte Aurora 3-D case, extended length for 8800 series
Sceptre 20.1" 5ms(GTG) 1000:1
WD 160GB,7200RPM,8mb buffer
XFX 8800GTS 320MB (XXXEdition)

The Power supply, case and monitor are payed for and on its way so i cant really change if i wanted to, but as for the rest can anyone give me some feed back on it. My goal, for now, with this system is to run Battlefield 2, max settings with AA/AF enabled and still hope to get average 50-60 FPS.

Any feed back will be appreciated and once again sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

As for "best bang for the buck" you should do well with this system... though I like the Seagate drives for their longer warranty.

Throw a WD Raptor if u can afford it, otherwise, that system looks great. It's a superb build that can definitely play BF2 maxed out quite easily.

He's gonna get 2GB more in any case for Vista, so it won't be a problem. But yeah, BF2 and BF2142 are always hungry for RAM.

KUSHHH said:
First off, im not sure if im under the right topic for my question if im not i apologize ahead of time. My question is about a computer "build". Im aiming to build a mid/high range system for mostly playing Battlefield 2, 2142, and a few other DX10 games later on. Ive read some reviews and guides from this site and have gotten a few of my own ideas. To make a long story short ill layout what im thinking and someone correct me if they could as of course i may be missing somthing or am paying to much than my goal system, "best bang for the buck".

E4300 Oc'd @ 3Ghz range
Gigabyte GA-965p-DS3
2x512mb corsair pc5400,OR 2x1024mb (later adding another 2x1024 for vista)
OCZ GameXstream 700w PS
Gigabyte Aurora 3-D case, extended length for 8800 series
Sceptre 20.1" 5ms(GTG) 1000:1
WD 160GB,7200RPM,8mb buffer
XFX 8800GTS 320MB (XXXEdition)

The Power supply, case and monitor are payed for and on its way so i cant really change if i wanted to, but as for the rest can anyone give me some feed back on it. My goal, for now, with this system is to run Battlefield 2, max settings with AA/AF enabled and still hope to get average 50-60 FPS.

Any feed back will be appreciated and once again sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

some nice choices... with regards to the ram definately go for 2x1Gb sticks keeping 2 DIMM slots free still, 2Gb is standard for running vista and latest apps/games at the moment but one day I bet you 4Gb will be standard.. also consider upgrading to 800Mhz ram corsair 6400C4 2x1024 has worked well for me

EDIT: also have u looked at the new rev of the Aurora - 3d Aurora 570 much better IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back