Suspision that computer is infected. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

misskazzy

My computer has been running very fast as always until I went onto a site that had a warez pop up and clicked it accidently. I got 4 trojans from the site which I appropropriately deleted but the effects are a bit obvious. Programs are freezing ( I have a 1.2GB RAM so...shouldnt be freezing at all!) And I've deleted about 25 spywares that I recieved from the site so...it shouldn't still be affected.

Can you help, thanks? :)

vsnpstd.exe, I think it's a trojan after looking on the internet, it may be a webcam program but Ive had it for years and never have seen it before on start up so Im going ot assume it's a trojan-backdoor.

so how do I delete it? Manually?

AVG program only deleted of 4 tracking cookies that was in my mozilla firefox, nothing else.
The tools in the links didn't find anything on the other page. Here's the fresh HJL. :) Thanks.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - blank (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - blank (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above inactive entries, your HJT log is clean.

vsnpstd.exe is part of your webcam drivers and is nothing to worry about.

How`s your system running?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of misskazzy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back