Svchost.exe - Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoushin

Once in a while I get this error at the login screen. Clicking on OK and Cancel doesn't work...because it made my taskbar, which was Windows XP style, look like the Classic Style. (Well, kinda.) How to solve this?

Svchost.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c918fea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program.
Click on Cancel to debug the program.

It could be a bad ram or bad OS files..

do a chkdsk /f and also run a memtest with one stick at a time. See how you go.

If you have any minidumps in c:\windows\minidump folder that has the dates similar to the times you experience this problem then post them up and i'll have a read of them..

I scanned my computer with 5 anti-virus/spyware programs, including norton. Nothing was found. The taskbar usually changes back to XP Windows style after about 3 minutes when the svchost.exe error appears. But it also caused my computer to have no sounds. This error only happens once in a while...so other times it's quite normal. Though I still don't get it. I even tried sfc /scannow on command prompt and everything is ok. The last thing I did was the turning off my Automatic updates, rebooting and checking for updates. It didn't fix anything. But I do believe this error is related to the Automatic updates...because my norton security told me one thing was affecting the installed programs and it was the windows updates. The only thing I did was turning the updates off and on again to correct the problem. But I still get this svchost.exe error. Any more ideas?

There is a good page HERE Read it for the details.

In summary -

Svchost.exe is a host process for other network related processes.
One of which is bringing down the whole shiboodle.

1.Disable the SENS service.It "Tracks system events such as Windows logon, network, and power events. Notifies COM+ Event

Or

2.If you have HP printer drivers,disable Windows acquisition service (WIA).

Or

Other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back