SVCHOST.EXE CPU Spike - Possible Malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, for about the last two weeks I have had a program SVCHOST.EXE running up my CPU usage anywhere to 40-100% of its capabilities. I have tried disabling Automatic Updates using My Computer, and Process Explorer, and seeing no change, I have updated to the present in Microsoft. Now, last night I ran, SUPERAntiSpyware, Ad-Aware SE Personal, and McAfee Virus Scan. For some reason when I woke up and checked my SUPERAntiSpyware was not running anymore and neither was my McAfee Virus Scan, (My Ad-Aware SE Personal scan finished before I went to bed showing 10 critical objects, all deleted, quarintined, and replaced with clean files. No change. Now also, when I try to run /tasklist svc or /chkdsk using Start > Run and typing it in, the window pops up for about 2 seconds, and then disappears. Now I noticed in Process Explorer, going to the SVCHOST.EXE (one of about five or so) and going to the Thread tab, that the threads causing this were labeled
kernel32.dll!CreateThread+0x22
there 3-6 of them going at a time at the top of the CPU usage threads in SVCHOST.EXE program taking up from .96% of usage to about 23%. For about two days I tried just suspending the threads causing the problem but my computer started not being able to open programs until I unsuspended the threads and also my keyboard and mouse starting getting in a sense, a mind of their own (they are Logitech Wireless and use Bluetooth). I also rolled back IE 7 to IE 6 and Windows Media Player 11 to 10, as someone said to do on the forums I have been reading. So I don't want to do that anymore and last but not least I system restored to before my computer had this problem (July 5th) and it still had the CPU problem.

My HijackThis log file - please help, I really don't know what else I can do!

And if this is MalWare..what program would you recommend me using to delete it all?

Ubcd

I used it all the time and I have never had a problem. Use this link: http://www.ubcd4win.com/index.htm The link I provided previously is some other product with the same name. UBCD4WIN allows you to make a bootable XP cd with tons of tools to fix and repair. You will need to provide the program with a xp cd and you will need a cd burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back