Switching out a PC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigeski

I don't know if I'm posting in the right area or not, but i need to know if there are any other threads detailing precautionary measures or step by step instructions for switching out a power supply. Thanks in advance!!

There isn't a whole lot to it, just make sure you unplug it firt, and make sure you are grounded. You do not want to shock your system with static and fry something.

I have never actually grounded myself when working on the inside of my PC. Never fried anything either. Just make sure that you touch something metal to get all the electricity out of you before you go touching the insides. But if you do have one of those grounding cables definitely use it. Yup not much to replacing a PSU just pop it in and hook everything up.

Yep, just be careful when you take out the power supply not to damage any motherboard components, and if you have a massive cpu cooler, it is best to take it off, if you cannot take out the power supply. Good luck.

Like everyone else has said really, unplug the old connectors, take the old one out, put the new one in an connect it up :D

After putting the new PSU in, check the RAM's seated ok as it's easy to knock it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back