Sygate Personal Firewall Issues!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenni3587

HI! I am back...heh.

I have the sygate personal firewall as you could tell byt he subject line.

This afternoon it was flashing red so i checked it and there are four entries in the log and i do not know how to deal with it. I read the help stuff and i still dont really get it.

they are these;
application highjacking
executable file change denied

there were three of the app highjacking. the other, (exec...) was said to be major under the severity catigory, the other three were "informtaion" under severity.

If someone could please just let me know how to deal with these things i would greatly appreciate it. I do not know if i am still at threat, or if they were blocked, or if i have to do it manualy.....???

Thank you, anyone.

These are WARNINGS. The tray-symbol should change back to blue/green after you have read them.
When you do a Windows update, some programs change their version, and then Sygate wants to know if those changes are allowed or not.
You should run an antivirus/trojan test on the programs mentioned.
Best to scan the whole PC in case something slipped through.

thanks for replying realblackstuff!

I ran all of my scanners earlier today and there wasn't anything on my comp really. a trojan but it was removed.

I ran, adaware, spybot, ccleaner, ewido, spysweeper, and avg.

I looked at the warnings and the icon stopped being all red, and now it flashes both arrows blue and then one of the arrows red. does that mean anything?

It means that you've read the warnings in the log. If you found nothing, you're fine. An application hijack is often when an application attempts to access the internet and you deny it access. Executable file changes are just as RBS said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back