Symantec email proxy pop ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am keep getting email proxy message pop ups when i am online. Its states that its unable to deliver email, but have not heared from these email addresses. It starts off with just one pop up followed by many more and need
then to shut down my computer.
Can anybody help me on this one.
Thx Marcel

On the IE Tools -> Internet Options, Privacy tab, ensure you check
Block Popups at the bottom.

For Firefox, Tools -> Options ->web features, Block Popups

symantec email proxy pop up

Hi,

Thanks for your reply
I have followed your insturctions, but it only shows to block cookies and not to block pops. Does this make any difference ?

I had the same problem, yesterday, Marcey. My screen was flooded by Symantec warnings that my computer was sending (or trying to send) thousands of spam emails. I thought it might be a problem with my Symantec, so I uninstalled it and installed McAfee's Internet Security Suite 2006.

Immediately, McAfee started popping up a window to warn me that my computer was sending spam emails all over the place! So, in my opinion, BOTH Symantec AND McAfee were correct with their warnings, and the problem had to be a virus.

I updated the McAfee virus scan to be sure I had the latest version (which as of last night was DAT 4660) and ran a scan. I found a virus (that my Symantec scan had missed) called Proxy-Agent.aj. Virus deleted, problem solved. The definition of this virus is that it enslaves your computer and turns it into a sort of spam-email server (sound familiar?).

BTW, I have no interest or connection with McAfee, but it worked for me. If you go this route, be SURE to update the virus scan, for the product is sold with an outdated version. On your McAfee Security Center window, click on scan, then look at the bottom right of that page to see the version it is using. If it is not DAT 4660, update it or it will NOT find the Proxy-Agent.aj virus.

Good luck!
Red

i have the same problem and have updated my spyware detecter and it is still doing it. it laggs my computer up big style there is like over 50 email scanners on my toolbar and i get a norton help popup that wont close. ??? what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back