Synchronize Local Calendar with Web Based Calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VvWolverinevV

Does anyone know of a way to synchronize any local calendar client (like Outlook, Sunbird, or iCal) with any web based calendar (like Yahoo! Calendar or Google Calendar) automatically (i.e. without exporting and uploading .ics files)?

"Any" and "any"? Maybe explain abit more what you want to do?

Service providers who use Zimbra or Scalix can give you a connector that makes Outlook work directly with their server. Evolution too.

And of course, you could find a service provider who does Exchange, which integrates with Outlook nicely.

Okay, so ideally, I would like a remotely stored calendar that can somehow give me local onscreen appointment alerts both on my home PC and my Macbook at the office. I would also like some web-based interface for viewing and editing the calendar for times when I am not at one of my own computers.

Actually, Yahoo! Calendar + Yahoo! Messenger provides all of these things, but the web-based interface for Yahoo! Calendar is slow, unintuitive, and ugly. I started to think that maybe some combination of Outlook/iCal/Google Calendar might be more efficient, but I was unaware of any automatic synchronization between local calendar clients and web-based calendars. Hence, my question in the first post.

Nodsu, do any of those solutions also have web-based calendars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back