System Administrator cannot see users Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknauth

I have all the same rights that the MIS Manager does, and she can go into Network Neighborhood, and go to a computer on the network, and view that users cookies. I try to do that and cannot. We do not know what we might be missing. Can anyone help us with that. Thanks.

Cookies are relative to \Documents & Settings\user-profile
so you need access via $IPC share to get to C:\

I can go to Network Neighborhood, click on the network, and the computer I want to see. Then go to C:\documents and settings\<username> and I can see everything except for the cookies folder. I am the assistant to the MIS Manager, so she gave me a member of all the same things she has, and she can see the cookies and I cannot.

then the permissions on cookies\ is set "interestingly".

I believe you need to get on one of the machines (physically), SAFE BOOT,
and then investigate the permissions (right-click) cookies, properties, security.

The other strange thing is, that the MIS Manager, can see the cookies on her computer, logged on as herself, but I cannot see the cookies on my computer logged on as myself. When she looks at the cookies on other users, they are hidden and you cannot unhide them. I went to folder options and chose to view hidden files and folders and I cannot see anyone's cookies folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back