system alert and burning cds problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetta98

Hi,

First problem: i have a system alert that keeps popping up in the bottum right hand corner...i can get it to go away. I tried to to do full computer scans with the sophos antivirus that i have and it can not detect anything..i also looked in the add/remove programs and could not find it...i would like to know how to get rid of it...

second problem: i can not burn a cd. i use nero startsmart and it keeps telling me to put a blank cd in..i did and it kept telling me to put a blank cd in..it will read cds and play them but when it comes to burning it wont let me.

ALSO JUST FYI my brother built me this computer and sent it to me i have asked for his help but he cant really help me unless he sees whats going on..its an xp but thats all i really know about the computer...i can tell you a few things if you need to know tho..i would really appreciate any help that i can get with this.

Evan

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of jetta98 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your system is infected with several nasties.

Please follow the instructions I gave you, then post a fresh HJT log and an AVG Antispyware log as attachments.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of jetta98 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

all that stuff that i had to do looks confusing....im not a person that knows to much about computers is there any way you can explain this to me in a little more detail??

The instructions are quite easy to follow if you take your time, just follow them step by step. Maybe you can get a friend to help you?

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back