System Alert Popup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the instructions and the program "System Alert Popup" no longer appears in my add/remove programs 'page'.

The flashing icon in the system tray is gone, too.

Am I done?

Attachments

• Report-Scan-20070226-054402.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 40
  • hijackthis.log
    9.8 KB · Views: 31
It looks like there's still stuff relating to WinAntiSpyware on your system.

Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

I'd clean, but it's up to you.

If you do decide to clean after reading that thread, please do the following.

Download LSPFix from http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm
1. Disconnect from the Internet, go to the LSPfix file and extract/unzip LSP-Fix into its own folder [C:\lspfix].
2. Open the lspfix folder and double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the program.
3. Check the "I know what I am doing" checkbox.
4. Select (highlight) all instances of 'aseyasp.dll' in the left column under "Keep".
5. Click the arrow >> so it goes over to the right column under "Remove".
6. Click "Finish" and LSPfix will remove references to the file and restore the chain numbers.
7. Restart your computer.

Now go into C:\C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and delete UWAS7_0001_N91M1112NetInstaller.exe

Have HJT fix these entries (if there):

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ERS_Check] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinAntiSpyware 2007 Free\uwasers.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - [http:]edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZCxdm529YYUS
O16 - DPF: {09F1ADAC-76D8-4D0F-99A5-5C907DADB988} - [http:]cdn.downloadcontrol.com/files/installers/cab/SystemDoctor2006FreeInstall.cab

Go into Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Uninstall anything relating to the following:

SystemDoctor
MyWebSearch
WinAntiSpyware

Now turn system restore off and back on (Windows XP/ME only). See how here.
Delete all files in the AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Then post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of bkenbenson only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

I did all of these steps ...

Did not find the program mentioned in c:\windows\downloaded program files ...

Fresh Logs attached.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = wmplayer.exe //ICWLaunch

O16 - DPF: {AA299E98-6FB5-409F-99D3-D30D749F4864} (kasRmtHlp Class) - http://208.237.158.12/inc/kaxRemote.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your computer.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bkenbenson only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

bkenbenson said:
I followed the instructions and the program "System Alert Popup" no longer appears in my add/remove programs 'page'.

The flashing icon in the system tray is gone, too.

Am I done?

What instructions did you follow

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you have a virus/spyware problem, go and follow the instructions in this thread HERE.

Then, open a new thread in this forum and post the requested log files.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bkenbenson only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back