System Alert!Simpsons/smiley pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refer to Howards recommendation that I post here.
He was right,my computer is still infected with pop-up trojans or whatever.Also,since installing broadband 2 months ago,the computer has been incredibly slow. 3 minutes start-up,strange boxes appearing(SDTrayapp,memory could not be "read" etc). System Alert warnings,simpsons and smileys etc...

This is all way above me, but I have no master CD nor could I find the Smart restore program on my computer. So it's either fix or buy new I suppose.

I hve tried almost all the freeware I could find like Spybot,AD-aware etc. One program found "PSGuard" and "pop-upper" trojan. The system alert seems to be gone though and the PC is much faster

3-year-old PC-PB iMedia,XP service pack2,256+512 RAM,2.8 Ghz Intel Celeron,80 Gb hard drive,works package,no office programs. Norton Antivirus.
Used for surfing,e-mail and so on
Hijack Log file attached. Thanks in advance, Rune

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of newguyinfected only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard, I took your advise and finally did a format/reinstall. Packard Bell told me how do access the program via the F11 key. Hopefully someone learned from my experience, I certainly did. And never try to watch the Simpsons on web tv ;-)
Thank you for all the advise here,great site.

Cheers,Rune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back