System Configuration Utility Always appears at Start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some changes in the System Configuration Utility to increase the boot speed of my pc (XP Pro). Now, every time I turn on my pc and login a message appears saying changes were made and then takes me to the SCU interface. How can I stop this from happening when I turn it on.

Thanks!!!!!

A small window should pop up when you log on to your user name, at the bottom there will be a little box you should tick, it will say something about not showing the warning message during startup or something like that (can't be bothered to restart and find out). Once you tick that box and click ok, you should be rid of the messages. Hope that helped :grinthumb !

I've been having a problem sort of like that. I shut-down the other day with a folder window open. Now when I restart the folder window automatically pops up everytime I restart. Gets kind of annoying.

Those system configuration changes you made are not permanent, and only for diagnostic purposes. That's why the utilty is poping up, to let you know that you are running in diagnostic mode.

Quote: "System Configuration Utility (Msconfig.exe) automates the routine troubleshooting steps that Microsoft Product Support Services technicians use when diagnosing Windows configuration issues. You can use this tool to modify the system configuration through a process of elimination with check boxes, reducing the risk of typing errors."

If you wish to make your changes permanent, then you'll need to do more than simply disabling the items using those checkboxes. This may entail editing the registry, deleting startup files, or changing the startup mode of some services, etc., depending on what particular changes you made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back