System Error 1003 Cat 102 - Minidumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klikmaster

I am getting a stop error every now and again: System Error, Event ID 1003; Category 102

Error code 0000004e, parameter1 00000099, parameter2 000ffffb, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Seems to be happening randomly, sometimes it happens regularly, sometimes doesn't do it for hours, doesn't seem to depend on what I'm using the computer for.

I've checked loads of things and can't seem to locate the problem, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, from my minidumps...

I've zipped up 4 recent minidumps..

No. It's nothing to do with audio.

I've tried looking on microsoft, and I havn't found anything that helps.

I was hoping someone could look at the mini-dumps so I know what I'm looking for..

Well, I've tried reading mini-dumps, and I havn't the knowledge to interpret them. I was hoping someone here who has experience doing it can help me.

The last three dumps have crashed at the same routine, which maybe points to a software problem. The process in one of those was TSVNCache.exe, which belongs to TortoiseSVN. I would try uninstalling this for problem isolation. Post some more dumps if the crashes continue after doing this.

BugCheck 4E, {99, ffffb, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemoveUnusedSegments+8bf )
PROCESS_NAME: TSVNCache.exe

usually the bug-checker will point you in the right direction. In this case, it is pointing to a ram issue if peterdiva is correct. The first step is to check for bad or failing ram. Run memtest 86+ from a cd or floppy for at least 7 passes.

Ok, I'm uninstalled some apps that were causing problems, and I'm getting no more Blue Screens. But I'm getting random-freezes. Everything freezes and I have to reboot, no blue-screen.

Memtest seems to freeze after about 2 minutes which is not good. I replaced my RAM a while ago with some that is definately compatible with my motherboard, and I'm still getting the same problems, and memtest freezes with both sets of RAM.

I'm really worried that it could be another part of my hardware like motherboard, PSU or CPU, are there any tests I can use to determine where the problem is coming from?

I tried increasing the DIMM voltage, and my computer made it through the night without freezing, so I'm hopeful it's all fixed now :)

Thanks for your help guys.

Klikmaster said:
I tried increasing the DIMM voltage, and my computer made it through the night without freezing, so I'm hopeful it's all fixed now :)

Thanks for your help guys.

DDR Voltage should be 2.4~2.6v

Well, I think it was on 1.8v before. I'm still getting freezes, even though my computer miraculously made it through the night fine.

Memtest86 freezes, which doesn't help, but I ran a microsoft memory test and left it overnight (it did 70-ish passes) and it didn't come across any errors...

Klikmaster said:
Well, I think it was on 1.8v before. I'm still getting freezes, even though my computer miraculously made it through the night fine.

Memtest86 freezes, which doesn't help, but I ran a microsoft memory test and left it overnight (it did 70-ish passes) and it didn't come across any errors...

Can i have your system specification here please?

So we can give you the necessary tweaks.

Processor - Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
M Board - ECS NForce 570-SLIT-A
Memory - 4Gb [2x1Gb Corsair DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5400 Non-ECC] + [2x1Gb Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM]
GFX Card - GeForce 8800 GTS
Power - Akasa 500W
HDD - Samsung 400Gb

Sound/Network etc. is on-board

Here is the possible solutions to your problems.

1. DDR2 667MHZ voltage should be at 1.8V, minimum. My recommend is that you leave this voltage settings in the BIOS as default or automatic. Itself will increase when it is necessary.

2. I noticed almost immediately. You are running in different company and possible different speed. Remove Ballistix or Corsair and try to run your computer over night. Often, when mixing up the memory sticks ( different company and / or speed causes the serious crash to the system).

You will need to remove the memory first before adjusting the voltage. If your computer runs through fine at night with memtest86, then the memory configuration is your culprit. When it does, you will have to trade in those memory and pick up the matching memory.

1. There is an automatic setting for memory timings in the BIOS, but the voltage has to be set manually it seems.
2. I had the Corsair pair originally, and I got the Ballistix later on when I had problems and the Ballistix was advertised as compatible with my motherboard. The Ballistix caused the same problems, so I decided to stick all of them in for the time being.

I'm really lost when it comes to memory timings and voltages, so I set the timings to automatic, and I don't really know what I'm meant to be setting the voltage to here.

Klikmaster said:
Ok,
I'm really worried that it could be another part of my hardware like motherboard, PSU or CPU, are there any tests I can use to determine where the problem is coming from?
check the guides forum on how to check a bad psu

Guys, I have just noticed something....

In task manager, if I go to processes without much running; most of the programs are using 0 CPU, and "System Idle Process" shows about 98/99 CPU which is all good and well. If I then switch to the performance tab it says the CPU usage is at about 50%, I notice the graphs show that 1 core is at around 100% and the other shows a really low amount, is there something wrong with my CPU here?

After rebooting several times the same was still happening, but after leaving it off overnight, it seems to be showing normal readings now =/

this is normal. There are background system processes that can use up CPU clock cycles - especially upon bootup.

Hey guys, I've left this thread for about a month, but I'm still having random freezing problems.

Are there some nice tools I can use to check my components? I tried Everest but couldn't get anything useful out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back