system error category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

ive been experiencing this problem my system suddenly restart.
my os is win xp sp1.
i did reformatting my system twice and still i have the same error.

hope u could help.

i think the minidump can help but i dont know how to open or to read it.
i attached it here

thx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump is not enough to be able to diagnose your problem.

For reference only.

Your minidump crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows boot up kernel file. it has a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

hi howard

thanx howard.
i read the link and ill try using memphis and check my RAM.
my computer is worst now windows xp cant load and sometimes my sytem gives me a disk error in start up. do i have another option rather than reformatting this again?
ill send 7 of my minidump now

thanx

hi again

i downloaded and created an image of memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (not memphis sorry). i unzip it and burn in to a cd. but it does nothing. i made my cdrom as first boot. im testing it in my other pc working well and im trying to test its memory. Did i miss anything.

thanks

yuan22m said:
hi again

i downloaded and created an image of memtest86 Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (not memphis sorry). i unzip it and burn in to a cd. but it does nothing. i made my cdrom as first boot. im testing it in my other pc working well and im trying to test its memory. Did i miss anything.

thanks

Once you`ve downloaded Memtest86+ extract it once only, burn the resulting file as an image. Read the instructions of whatever burning software you use, on how to burn an iso image.

Your minidumps crash with the following errors.

1 crashes at Ntfs.sys. This is the Windows file system driver. It has a bugcheck or 24.

2 crash at SYMEVENT.SYS. This is your symantec/Norton security product. They have bugchecks of C5 and 0A.

1 crashes at fetnd5bv.sys This the NDIS 5.0 miniport fast ethernet driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

1 crashes with memory corruption(MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE) Faulty ram??. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

1 crashes at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows bootup kernel. It has a bugcheck of D1.

Update all the your drivers, including your chipset drivers. Test your ram/hard driver/page file.

Check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Look HERE for the meaning of your bugcheckl codes.

Regards Howard :)

hi me again

i reinstalled my os and everything i replaced my power supply but i bump into a restart again. ill send the minidump. this is the first minidump since reinstallation. is this means i still have the problem? ill attach the minidump. is there anything i need to worry?

thanks again

Your minidump crashes with memory corruption. It also references Firefox.exe as the owning process. It has a bugcheck of 4E.

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

Check for any updates for Firefox. Test your ram with the memtest86+ programme.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back