System failed Memory Test in POST on Asus A7V333 mother board and Athelon 2200

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer was working fine I shut it down this morning and when I tried to boot this evening the Voice repeated system failed memory test and will not boot . Where should I start looking for the problem . I know just enough to get me into trouble.The fans and drives seem to be powering on .

billytx97 said:
My computer was working fine I shut it down this morning and when I tried to boot this evening the Voice repeated system failed memory test and will not boot . Where should I start looking for the problem . I know just enough to get me into trouble.The fans and drives seem to be powering on .
First try pulling out ram and reinstalling it. If that doesnt work try removing one stick at a time and rebooting. If it boots then the stick you have removed is bad. It may not hurt to clear CMOS also. Refer to your motherboard specs for procedure. Or just remove the battery on the board for about 15-30 seconds to reset. I have also seen a bad battery cause some weird problems but dont know any procedures for testing it except replace with a known good part.

System Failed Memory Test

I reseated the memory stick and it booted into the bios and then booted into Xp and the machine seems to be working fine . In the bios there was a message that the cpu clock speed was set at the wrong speed , but is now correct. I have not knowingly changed anything in the bios and am curious if there is anything that could have caused this or did I do something that caused that. I have been doing alot of video editing lately.
Thank you very much for your help
Billy

billytx97 said:
I reseated the memory stick and it booted into the bios and then booted into Xp and the machine seems to be working fine . In the bios there was a message that the cpu clock speed was set at the wrong speed , but is now correct. I have not knowingly changed anything in the bios and am curious if there is anything that could have caused this or did I do something that caused that. I have been doing alot of video editing lately.
Thank you very much for your help
Billy
Glad it worked for you. The post reporter will sometimes give an error message even when there is no real error and on most newer motherboards if there is a problem (such as with your memory not seated all the way)or it thinks there was a problem. It will restore the base settings and clock down any CPU settings and memory timing settings that you may have changed automatically to help keep it from damaging your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back