System failure cpu hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an asus k8v se deluxe mobo, been working fine cpu temp normal. suddenly go to start and get a womans (ironic i beg not) voice in my ear saying system failure cpu's hot. im just wondering what the problem could be. this is my first build, i would appreciate any guidance you could give. oh, if your a woman i was just kiddin about the woman voice :)

Some guys have all the luck....

Dirty CPU fan/heatsink, An errant progrm looping, pushing CPU usage to 100%,Fan failure (burnt out/ not connected), CPU heatsink came loose, thermal material failure. A womans' hair clogging the case vents.
Seriously, though do Asus boards speak with a womans' voice? If they do I want one. If you're just hearing voices, this a matter for another type of forum.
I never owned an Asus board so I am being sort of a smart-***, albeit not a well informed or mean spirited one.

thats halarious. thanks for the response, i will check all of the above. it just didnt make sense because the cpu fan is working and the temp is a steady 65 degrees. but i will check, again thanks for the response and i guess i better get checked and be put on crazy pills

If You wouldn't Be Put Out Too Much.....

Could you save me a few..... Again, I'm just joking. That darned board....it's like HAL, but with a sex change. (You need to have seen "2001, a Space Odyssey for that to be funny) You just tell her, in a firm voice, "If you can't stand the heat dear, then stay out of the kitchen".

That Was Sorta My Question....

Have we pulled up task manager and checked CPU usage? It's probably a stretch but (if) with full CPU usage could even be spyware. "An errant program looping".
Never hurts to check, process of elimination.

yes, the temp runs around 68 degrees under stress. however, i cannot get into bios or anything. i cleant the cpu cooler. the cooler is fine, fans working, speed ok. reattached everything and still the same problem. oh boy oh boy.

I'm hoping....

You didn't mention it, but you did renew the thermal material between the processor and heat sink, didn't you? Try resetting the board CMOS. Pop out the little silver board battery, wait a few minutes, then reinstall it. (Some boards use a jumper for reset). You can usually hit the board manufacturer's web site to be sure on that.

ok! i cleant the fan, etc., reset the CMOS and now i am officially up and running at full speed. We finally escaped that evil womans voice. yay! so, i just wanted to say i appreciate all of the help and guidance, you guys and maybe ladies rock. but seriously, i appreciate it. until next time rememer, the early bird may get the worm, but its the second mouse to the trap that gets the cheese.

ok, so i thought everything was good. WRONG!! i go to power up and what do you know i get a woman screaming in my ear again. system failed cpu's hot, system failed cpu's hot. so i now have removed the fan and cleant it, it is working fine. removed the cpu and inspected, looks ok to me, i guess. replaced the thermal grease and put all back together. then i reset the CSMOS. started up and i had to reset the date and time, checked cpu usage when started up all seemed fine temp normal. updated everything and went to restart then what do you know a woman yelling at me. Just what i need another woman yelling at me. Help i own a 16 ounce easwing and nothing to hammer.

Have you ever...

Have you overclocked the system? If so try cranking it back at little and see if the temperature subsides a little and if it will boot again.

no, the systtem is not overclocked. I tried again this morning and now the message is saying system failed cpu test. i also talked to asus and htey said it might be the bios chip, so i shal have them send me one but im probably wasting my time. Rebooted with only vid card, ram, cpu amd fan. same thing. moved and removed ram, same thing. tested cpu in another socket 754, worked fine. so hopefully it will be the bios chip i guess, if not there will be fire.

The 65 degrees you described for the average running temperature is in Celcius i take it... thats a high average running temperate for a non-overclocked system in my books.

Broad...Board....Is the spell check working?

Does the broad in question have a voltage monitor in her board someplace?
Errant power supply voltages, either too high or too low will cause overheating. Especially if it's too high at the processor. Maybe the system over-clocked itself, sort of. Maybe she's in heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back