"System has recovered from a serious error" Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to computers/networking. I have recently installed windows xp pro on my laptop and my desktop. Now my laptop is working fine as i am on it now. But on my desktop i can be doing anything. like on the internet or editing an image or even talking on AIM. My computer used to just freeze and i would have to reboot and start over again but within the last 2 days it justs turns off and when i log on it tells me that the system has just recovered from a serious error. Someone help! I think it may be a hardware problem.

Removed bold

Are we meant to guess? You haven't said what hardware you have, if you have made any recent changes, and if the problem co-insides with any software or hardware alterations.

Are you getting the Blue Screen of Death? If so...

In order to help you we need you to attach your minidumps to your next post.

How to Find Your Minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

* It is the files we need need, not the whole folder.

* You'll see at the bottom of the reply screen Additional Options and under that "Manage Attachments"

well im sorry about that. no i dont know anything about a blue screen? it just turns off and on. do you still want the minidump files?

At least check the Minidump folder and if there are files within, yes, please post and attach.

All three minidumps point to ipctdixp.sys which was almost impossible to find anything about even after googling for information.

However, see this link - http://www.runscanner.net/getmd5.aspx?MD5=9F64C53343D0C1AB923BEC436DC3A34A&process=ipctdixp.sys

I then googled NetVeda LLC and it appears to be security measure software and it seems that networking and parental control are just some of the features. It is for Windows OS.

Check out more information at www.netveda.com It appears you have a corrupted driver. I would really like to see if you resolve this and how, if you don't mind.

yes i do have netveda.. i am now experiencing the same problem on this laptop well i am going to uninstall it now. dont really need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back