System INformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden

Hey guys i OCed my pentium 2.6 to 3.0

but i think there is still no increase on the speed,
it still it boots slow , and run's slow

and when i run the cpu-z , it said that its still 2.66 ghz but it shows in the core speed its 3.0ghz

is it normal? or can u guyz tell me what i missed?

hir is my cpu:
pentium 4 2.66 fsb 505j lga

my mobo:
ecs 848p - a7

and i know many people having problems overclocking same cpu and mobo

tnx for the help

eeerrrr... you posted twice. please undo latter post. -.- thanks.

also if your core speed is on your desired overclock speed and the "type of cpu speed" is displayed correctly in the hardware analysis tool.. everything should be fine?

also id like to remind if your system is totally messed and full of useless crap etc. 0.4 ghz wont change much about the speed.

i noticed this with my last setup is it boots up into desktop in about 30-40 secons from reset-point.. and when using a 1200+ instead of a 2600+ it doesnt take veeeeery much longer.

and well.. higher is not always faster.. have you checked the cpu temperatures since overclocking?

have you checked the cpu temperatures since overclocking?

- yeah its about 52 C, but i only looked at the BIOS and i heard that its not accurate is it?
i dont know any software good enough to check on the temp of the CPU , any recommendation? tnx

- if i bump it from 2.6 to 3.2 can the CPU withstand it? and i installed it with a good heatsink Vortex TX.

you posted twice. please undo latter post. -.- thanks.
- i dont know how ,

tnx

well i would recommend downloading everest home. its a nice tool.. for hardware analysis and viewing temperature. (you have to look at the "sensor" mark.. to view the temperatures.)

i cant say if you can overclock your cpu or not as i only overclocked my old cpu once.. by accident. and now its gone.

if you seriously try to overclock i would make sure that you have a good cooling paste between the heatsink and cpu.. some very good air circulation (probably with the case opened to test it out.. unless your temperatures are really lower with a closed case due to strong air circulation and vents system.)

id also use one of those home-use ventilators.. the small ones can be really fast and give alot of fresh air.. place it by the opened side and blow the air right into the case.. to avoid overheating while experimenting.

finally i still cant say if it breaks or not. dont rely on me..

id check out if there are some OC reports for your cpu, or if your cpu generation has other retail models which are fairly higher than models.. means that it isnt too overclocked by factory already.

myself i am on a standard amd 2700+ so 2.66ghz effectively sound like pretty much to me already.

also what are you using the machine for? gaming? desktop apps?

ive read a review once about the 2700+ (2093mhz?) compared to a 2.4 ghz pentium. and surprisingly the benchmarks showed that the AMD was about 20-30% faster for office use.. and almost the same, for gaming.. due to its cpu structure.

anyway you should really try to get most information before deciding to try an overclock yourself.

good luck.

well then i am lucky i downloaded it b4 the bad news. so there is no more everest home? o.O

anyway.. freeware or not. usually doesnt pose a big hurdle..

also what are you using the machine for? gaming? desktop apps?
Both , im playing sims2 or whatever while downloading stuffs.

well tnx anywayz , maybe ill juz upgrade my memory or whatever

gud luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back