system instability, bad ram/mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

HI all,

I've got a but of system instability. I'm pretty sure I'm free of viruses (ran Norton/AVG/Adaware full checks), I'm just trying to rule that out. Here is my HIjack this log:

Thanks in advance, forum has been helpful in the past.

That HJT log is clean.

However, at the top it says, for whatever reason, that it was unable to get the version of Internet Explorer that you are running. Please post here what version of Internet Explorer you are using.

One thing, though: You had never renamed HijackThis.exe. This is very important because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe. Rename it to gubar.exe or whatever you want to. Then post a fresh HJT log.

Also, did you scan with HJT in safe mode? I need a log from normal mode.

Regards :)

Thanks for that,

here it is after I've renamed it.

And, I don't have IE installed I use firefox,

cheers.again.

Here it is.

That log is still clean. So it must be some other problem. What are your system specs? (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

Regards :)

KT6V motherboard, amd 3200+, 1 gig of PC3200 memory, 6800 128mb... dodgy (failing) Yamaha CD burner, DVD reader (Benq), CMI sound card through a RAID device (on board sound is faulty).

Think it is bad RAM or faulty motherboard, going to test some new RAM in the next day or so (once I test both my sticks with memtest, it always fails on test 7 - doesn't get errors, just crashes on the first or second pass. Both sticks, and both slots pass all individually, making me think I need to try different memory - getting 1 gig of Kingston to try. Failing that, I think my motherboard id faulty. Thief 3 and Half Life 3 crash regularly. All my drivers are new).

If there is anything else I can send you, please let me know.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back