System is restarting wid New Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
hie there...
i am facing a very strange problem wid my pc..

earlier i was using a 40gb samsung harddisk..but due to bad sectors..i got a new hard disk..in between i was using a 10gb harddisk wid win98...i was not facing ne problem at all...
now, i have my new hard disk...its a samsung 40gb hard disk.,
and i switched on the pc,bootd from cdrom,and created 3 partitions....(installing xp over here.)
after creating partitions,(ntfs partions), installantions begins, and when the systems restarts in between for installation process,the win xp screen appears and in a 2-3 minutes,,the system is restarting...the is happening everytime...sometimes it restarts as soon as the xp screen appears,or after 10-15min,after taking the key,and the comp name.....
and i have tried 3 differents XP cds wid three different keys..but the same problem is there.... i dont know where the problem is..and now..if i install win98 on the same 40gb hard disk,its fine,the problem is not there..but now again i format this hard disk,start a fressh installation of xp ,and it restarts in between..and i have even tried dis wid another 40gb hard disk..same thing happening.. i m using samsung SP0411N..

PLSSSS HELP ME OUT...i really dont know wats the problem..wid other hard disk,which has 98...i m not facing ne probs at all..
here is my sys details... i have used Everest..

Motherboard: CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 850 MHz (8.5 x 100)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Intel Whitney i810
System Memory 256 MB (SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (04/04/01)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller
3D Accelerator Intel i752

BIOS Properties:
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
Version 62710
Release Date 05/20/99
Size 512 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
Expansion Capabilities

Motherboard Properties:

Manufacturer TIGA
Product 810
Version

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer INTEL
Version Pentium III
External Clock 66 MHz
Current Clock 850 MHz
Type Central Processor
Voltage 2.0 V
Status Enabled
Upgrade Slot 1
Socket Designation

if neone wants more information,then i can put it..

wats bothering me is like y the hell 98 is working fine wid 10gb..while im facing such prob wid 40gb..and that too wid xp... and i have used 40gb wd xp earlier on as well...

thanks

which driver update are u talking bout... it works fine wid a win98 (10gb)..

and earlier it was fine wid 40gb(xp)...the problem is only coming now..its a new hard disk..i have tried other 40gb hard disks as well..

The fact that Win98 works, doesn't mean much - 98 is a simplistic OS that requires much less from your hardware.

Test your RAM. Please.

A BIOS update may fix any issues with the IDE controller.. Replace the IDE cable.. Try the secondary IDE controller..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back