System Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys i seem to have poor benchmarks with my system and i cannot seem to find whats holding my system??

OS WIN XP Pro

intel p4 2.4ghz
mobo asus p4pe
pny verto gf4 ti4200 64mb ddr
kingston ram pc-333 512mb
maxtor 40g ata133 fluid bearing

i have the latest bios and video drivers
my system is not o/c

As well i suffer frequent quits to desktop when playing battlefield 1942 vietkong nascar 2003...

but mohaa ut2003 return to castle wolfenstein and grand prix 4 runs verry good without any issues just certains games and my benchmarks are poor

Any sugestions would be apreciated..

Thanks a bunch

N

have u got the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset? they always help
the only reason i have found for quits to desktop are overclocked ram and u havent got anything overclocked - so im guessing that your motherboard is to blame in some way

Steg

get to a tweak site for xp

there are several.....start disabling services and such........your card will soon not be able to keep up...........do what steg says, yet there is much more to do, like doublechecking your bios for memory/agp/cache/ shadowing/cpu timimings/mem and cpu in sync............and on and on and on...........defragment..........look up my diskeeper lite thread.......................in other words.............give that thing an enema

Re: get to a tweak site for xp

Originally posted by JSR
there are several.....start disabling services and such........your card will soon not be able to keep up...........do what steg says, yet there is much more to do, like doublechecking your bios for memory/agp/cache/ shadowing/cpu timimings/mem and cpu in sync............and on and on and on...........defragment..........look up my diskeeper lite thread.......................in other words.............give that thing an enema

I have the latest dets .. chipsed drivesd and bios available I aleready removed all the services i could i' defraging at least twice a week.... i think it's either hardware related or something i missed while configuring xp anyware tried of xp i will change to w2k pro any other suggestions??

Thanks anyways..

Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back