System Restore w/o warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Recovery w/o warning

Please help!!!

Last night I was installing anti-virus software and it was running slow, decided to uninstall it. PC said I needed to reboot for changes to take place, when I did that, it went back to my original factory settings, a PC recovery, not system restore (unfortunately).

Is tehre anyway that I can get the information back? My desktop has 90% of the icons I had on there (original plus othe rprograms) but it says I need to install the program for it to work.

If it matters I have an HP Pavillion a720n Win XP. I do have a C and D drive. Could the info be "backed up" in the D drive??

Any help is greatly appreciated. email bodoyle@lycos.com i dont know if i will be able to find this site again.

THANK YOU!

Well I always disable System Restore (Virus's tend to hide in there), have to tried using system restore it self? See if you can go back a little bit and if nothing happens then your out of luck. If im not mistaken the way the HP computers work, is there bios is actually right on the hard drive not in the motherboard (Well dad told me this and it was a while ago). Either way im not 100% sure, but FYI next time you install something, always do a restart, so other programs that were only partially shut down, won't interupt the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back