system restore - what actually goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3ddi30

right, ive had my XP for about 3 years, I started with a free trial of nortons which soon expired, and then got McAfee. Mcafee expired after a year and ive never renewed/updated it. I know its really bad but I never bothered...

now, I seem to have this virus that isn't allowing my computer to access any internet programs other than strangely IE and limewire. plus, i have 100s of other virus' slowing down my pc.

Ive got loads of music, photos, videos, and work on there that I want to keep. Now im just sick of it all. I want to reboot my computer to 2004 (when i got it) system restore it. But im not sure what it actually happens.

I mean like, what goes?

just programs and system changes? or does it wipe everything.

will i have to buy a 2nd hard drive and back up the stuff i want, then restore it? please help

much love, freddie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doing a system restore will probably be a waste of time, since your restore points are probably also infected.

I have moved your thread to our Security and the Web forum.

Go and follow the instructions HERE and HERE.

Then, go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Fr3ddi30 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back