System Restore won't go to previous month and Firewall disabled on start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I recently downloaded Morpheus, a P2P file sharing programme, and shortly after started getting slow-down and break-up of my system. I don't want to un-install the programme yet. I tried to do a system restore but could not go back to the previous month? Any ways round this? Restoring to 3 weeks has temporarily sorted the extreme problem, but I am still getting slow-down.Also, since my Norton subscription finished, when I start-up Windows the firewall is often off. I have installed AVG free, but is there a connection with the cancellation of Norton and this problem? How can I remedy these? Thanks

chidambarstef said:
Hi, I recently downloaded Morpheus, a P2P file sharing programme, and shortly after started getting slow-down and break-up of my system. I don't want to un-install the programme yet. I tried to do a system restore but could not go back to the previous month? Any ways round this? Restoring to 3 weeks has temporarily sorted the extreme problem, but I am still getting slow-down.Also, since my Norton subscription finished, when I start-up Windows the firewall is often off. I have installed AVG free, but is there a connection with the cancellation of Norton and this problem? How can I remedy these? Thanks

You should have Uninstalled Norton antivirus component before installing any other antivirus software. so uninstall the norton antivirus by using add remove programs. you probably have a virus infection causing the slowdown, so do a full system scan using updated avg. System restore is not always able to keep restore points that have been made that far back.

You should turn off system restore reboot your system then perform full system virus scan, use a registry fix utility, use a system cleanup utility, and defrag your hard drive, hopefully this will cure your problem.

Thanks for advice Free registry cleaner?

Thanks for your advice, uninstalling Norton has solved the Firewall problem. Can you recommend a free registry cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back