T60 Thinkpad - LCD Illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.

NooDood

Our inventory guy here at the farm brought to me a new and interesting problem. He has a T60 with a monitor that does dark shortly after bootup, although the screen content can still be seen if you look closely.

His question to me is where does the problem lie? In the monitor portion or the sytem portion of the laaptop? Seems to me he is only losing the illumination element, while the display itself still continues to get a video signal from the system board. however I wanted to get some second and third opinions before reporting back. Anyone?

Noodood

Sounds like the backlight is turning off or dimming. It could be a hardware failure(or partial failure) or possibly could be software dimming the backlight. Some laptop systems have software that will dim the backlight when on battery power to save power and therefore increase battery life. If it hasn't happened in the past however it sounds like a problem with the hardware.

Yeah, this just started happening and it happens *immediately* after bootup, so I think we can rule out the battery saving software. Thanks for replying, sir! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back