Take a Bow : MSI NForce Soundstorm on par with Audigy2 Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

stilup

Take a Bow

I have to give it to MSI and the Soundstorm sound system,
After having Creative Audigy2 Platinum and uninstalling running the stock supplied Soundstorm I am Impressed!
I have been rocking the house and after comparison I like the stock sound so much as I gave my daughter my Platinum card.
just giving my opinon. Takes less resouces and rocks the same as the Platinum.
So I feel thet MSI gave more on this motherboard than apreciated.
Thanks MSI for a real nice sound.

Umm thank Nvidia for the Soundstorm system. Its part of the optional part to the Nvidia NForce2 chipset. Glad your happy with it regardless :D

I'm not really convinced with Creative's sound cards... Since the Live series, in my opinion, they are one of the worst soundcards in the market. But, they come in nice boxes with nice bundles and goodies and livedrives...etc. I once hooked my Audigy 2 to a 4000 watt disco system and I must say that C-Media's onboard sound had better quality, specially the bass.

Not so many nforce2 mobo actually implement Soundstorm. MSI does not either. I have the K7N2G, it is 5.1 channels but not soundstorm. As far as I know, Asus A7N8X DX and some Leadtek mobo comes with it.
I am not sure if it is b/c my roomate use a cambridge 4.1 set or b/c his SB!Live. His sound effect is much clear than my generic 2.1.
When I surf around, I also found another option that might be a hidden tresure, Hercules 7.1 sound card. The higher version, digifire seems as good as Audigy2 ZS and cost about $80, if u don't need the THX certified thing. The lower version (the name is too long to remember) cost about $50 is not that bad either.

Originally posted by Xweapon

I am not sure if it is b/c my roomate use a cambridge 4.1 set or b/c his SB!Live. His sound effect is much clear than my generic 2.1.
When I surf around, I also found another option that might be a hidden tresure, Hercules 7.1 sound card. The higher version, digifire seems as good as Audigy2 ZS and cost about $80, if u don't need the THX certified thing. The lower version (the name is too long to remember) cost about $50 is not that bad either.

Offcourse his CSW 4.1 will be clearer, you can't actually compare two different soundcards connected to setups of different quality.

That $50 soundcard is Fortissimo III, Digifire is just a typical Fortissimo III slapped with Fire wire ready capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back