Taking Screen Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossFire851

Wasn't sure were to post this and might not be in the right place and I do know this is a newb question.

I was wondering were screen shots are saved when you are browsing the etc in (Windows). For games I use fraps.

I know how to use the functions of screen shots, I'm just not to sure on the whole thing. I know it has something to do with the clipboard??? Does anyone know how I can save it to a file of my choosing?

I have wanted to post screen shots for the pass week and half for vista I got from my neighbor.

Don't know about Vista.. In other Windows versions, the screenshot is put into the clipboard when you press the Print Sreen key. You can use special screen capture apps with different functionality of course.

Not sure if this'll help but when you take a screen shot you can paste it anywhere, this includes image viewing programs.
I have VuePrint so I can paste it in there, then save it wherever I want, so if you have an image viewing progam just paste it in there, save it as a jpg and then upload it. S'what I do anyway... then again I just have xp :monkey:

clipboard is like part of the ram.. it stores one source to be copied over to something untill you change the source..

As N3051M said, the clipboard is in the system memory - there's no file. If you want to get the clipboard contents, then you have to paste it into a program.

hi .. i-veiw is good little all round free program. It also does Batch conversion too .. ive been using it for ages .. its just the thing for clips. .. russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back