Tape to Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatline100

Hi,

I have an old tape, one you put in a Stero or Hi Fi. I've been told to get a Stero 3.5 plug which i have I can't seem to play the tape and then it doesn't appear to be recording. I'm using audacity and my cable has a left and right speaker which goes correctly into my stero any ideas, any tutorails out there to do this? Thanks

Let me try to translate this...

You have a reel to reel, or a cassette tape player. You are trying to play a tape. You don't think it is an audio file. You don't know what is on the tape. You want to put the contents of this mystery tape on your computer's hard drive...

Am I close?

You got a 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable and connected it between your computer and the stereo system and you are trying to record an audio tape from the stereo to your PC?

First, check that you connected to the correct output on the stereo.
Second, check that you connected to the correct input on the computer (line in)
Third, make sure you selected the correct recording source on your computer. Usually you can record from only one source at a time and you have to select it explicitly in the mixer settings.

Sorry about the explanation I got a tape and want to tranfere it my hard drive by connecting the stero plug into hi fi then computer then it should record.

I'm sure I'm doing it into the line in but I got internal sound card into mobo and a seperate one, just to make it more confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back