Tapes to CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
you will need to record the tape onto your computer first, then burn to cd. there are some good freeware/shareware programs out there for this. try a google search.

Yeah, you'll want to connect your tape player to the Soundcard's Line-In & use whatever recording program you've got for capturing it.

Look for Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 2005 Deluxe. Includes even a cable and an adapter for the recording. Easy as pie. Can also record direct from vinyl without a preamp!
www.magix.com

Before this I had Steinberg Clean, but that was too complicated (for me) and too much hard work.

I got a problem now I installed the software and installed the cable from my sterio to my sound card line in, and I can't record anything. Am I doing something wrong? :bounce:

you might need to check volume controls and make sure you have your recording settings right. make sure line-in is the recording source, etc

ok go to your volume controls on the taskbar, go to the options tab, click on properties. click on recording, make sure the line-in box is checked (or whatever source you are going to record from. also, in your program that you are using, make sure the settings for recording are correct. what is the name of your program? if it's free liek you said i'll check it out. i have some vinyl to convert to cd.

ok i just dl'ed it.. it LOOKS simple but thats not always the case, hehe. ok make sure the SOURCE you select for recording is the same source your cord is plugged into. make sure the source you choose is not muted, and is the default recording source in volume controls, etc.

also, tell me about the tape player? how exactly are you connecting it to your computer, i.e. , what jack on the tape player to what jack on the comp, etc.

hmmm i dunno whats wrong then. maybe try another program if you cant this one to work. there are lots out there.

I have tried some uther programs and they don't work ether. I have it plug into the headphone jack on the tape player and the line-in jack on the sound card. :hotbounce

I'd use tape player's 'line out' if there is one, but if there isn't, check that playback volume is adjusted correctly (ie. what goes to headphones).

I have to line-outs but I'll try the one I have tried adjusting the volume but that doesn't work. :hotbounce

ok i just used it, and it worked fine. i have it hooked up to line-in 2 on my audigy card, line-in 2 as the source in the program, and make sure you can hear the music through your computer's speakers as well before you record!

tell me the exact steps you take to record and use the program, because the program works fine. (even though there are only 14 days left in the trial lol)

also, when you open volume controls, there are options for playback and recording. open the recording controls and make sure your source is selected. and always check to make sure your sources are not muted in playback and recording. windows randomly mutes them for some reason.

dopefisher said:
make sure you can hear the music through your computer's speakers as well before you record!
How. :suspiciou If you plug it in to the sound card how can you hear it throw the speakers if there unpluged

your speakers should always be plugged in. they go into your speaker out/line out jack, the line from the tape should go into the line-in or mic-in jack. if you have your recording options setup right you should hear the sound thru your computer's speakers, just like you would hear yourself on a microphone if you had one hooked up. try hooking it up to your microphone-in port as well as your line in jack...try as many different ways as possible. what type of sound card do you have btw? how many different jacks do you have.

I have tried pluging it in to the mic but that doesn't work I have onboard audio 5.1 and I have headphone and mic jacks on the front of the case. I have to unplug the speakers to put the cable in the line-in jack unless I plug it in to the front jacks. :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back