Task Manager and Regedit not working. Virus Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've noticed recently that ctrl-alt-del has stopped working on my laptop, even right clicking on the task bar and selecting task manager fails to work. I've also tried running it from Run and Regedit will not start either. I've looked at a few forums about this problem and nothing suggested seems to work. I installed a registry cleaner that picked up a couple of buggy things but didn't solve the issue at hand. I ran hijack this and have attached my log in case anything shows up there,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanking you,
suz

Attachments

• HijackThisLog.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
First Read: Use these HJT-instructions when asked
/P/ Process needs to be stopped
/U/ Uninstall anything to do with this
The text underneath goes between the dotted lines of that post.
...................................................................................................
/P/ O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
/P/U/ O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto
...................................................................................................

Taskmanager/Regedit/HJT also not working

I'm in that same boat, except at least you can use HJT, I tried last night and cannot get it to run. I doulble click the HJT icon and it just acts like it's going to start, but never does. I get that same result with regedit and task manager.

About at my wit's end on this one, near to wipe/re-install....

Steven

Read some of the Read: How to.. posts, do a file-search on your PC for the 'bad' programs mentioned in there. The instructions of how to get rid of them are in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back